Let's Build Your Dream Barndominium
Are you trying to build a barndominium for your family? I just put the finishing touches on my barndo. It was really hard! I'm here to help you avoid the mistakes I made so you can live the barndo lifestyle.Count Me In!
AS FEATURED BY:
All the Info You Need For Your Build
If you're building a barndominium and getting stressed out by all the moving pieces, I am here to help. After enrolling in Barndominium Life University you'll feel confident, secure, and ready for your build.
A Team of True Experts
The team behind Barndominium Life University is the most experienced team in the barndominium industry. Morgan Roepke (your host) self-contracted a barndominium for her family in Missouri.
100% Money Back Guarantee
If you go through 100% of the course and decide it didn't provide enough value, we'll refund you no questions asked. We're that confident.Buy Now
Frustrated and overwhelmed by your barndominium build?
Hi, I’m Morgan Roepke and if you want to build a barndominium for your family, this is for YOU.
When I got started with my build last year, I “kinda sorta” knew what I wanted to build. I had a “back of the napkin” sketch of the floor plans and that was about it.
Fast forward to TODAY and I just put the finishing touches on a 2800 square foot barndominium outside our hometown of Springfield, MO. If you keep reading, I’ll reveal the things that helped me make it to this point.
Building a Barndo Wasn't Easy
Actually, it was really freakin’ hard. Like, the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. My husband and I are full time public school teachers, we have 4 very young kids, and we decided to self-contract (build our home without a general contractor) while we built our barndo from scratch.
I know how you were feeling at this exact moment. When I was first getting started, I felt a range of emotions, and none of them were good: Overwhelmed, anxious, stressed. I had never built anything before in my life, and here I was trying to put everything together to build a home for our family. There was so much to consider. Finding land. Buying or financing land. Trying to put together a floor plan, then trying to find someone who can make those into actual house plans. Trying to find the right structure to build. Finding someone to actually PUT UP that structure.
Building a barndominium was so stressful that I actually started having regular anxiety attacks through the early planning stages, and many times, I almost gave up on our dream.
Long story short, building a barndominium myself was an insane thing to take on. I wish that I had someone there to be my guide, point out mistakes I was making, and just generally be a shoulder to cry on (besides my husband, shout to to Randie).
You’re probably feeling the same way. Are you feeling like you’re lost in this crazy world? Feel like your barndominium dreams are more like a pipe dream? Not sure where to start?
That's Where I Come In...
So…. I’ve been doing coaching and mentoring with TONS of members of the barndominium community as they get started with their build. I find it really fulfilling and I love helping each and every one of them. But what I’ve realized is that I’m just one person and I DON’T have a lot of free time (did I mention the 4 kids, building a custom home, 2 full time jobs? Yeah, it’s a lot.). By giving people one on one advice , I can only reach so many folks each week.
That’s why I developed Barndominium Life University. Over the past few years I’ve gained so much experience with barndominiums and this course puts EVERYTHING I’ve learned into one place, just for you. The “meat and potatoes” of Barndominium Life University is our 14 module video course with guidance and instructions directly from me, as well as other barndominium experts. You’ll walk out of the course knowing exactly what to do, when to do it, and what to watch out for as you build your dream barndominium. It’s not just videos explaining everything, though. There’s also an active community where you get your questions answered DIRECTLY by me and other people who are in your shoes. We’ll also be doing periodical LIVE webinars where you can get advice on the spot. And there’s a ton more we’ll be adding along the way.
This is stuff that you absolutely cannot find anywhere else. Not in a Facebook group that’s overrun with spammers and service providers. And no, your cousin’s friends uber driver’s dog walker who said you could build a barndominium for $50 per sq ft - you can’t trust that info either.
I highly encourage you to join us at Barndominium Life University. You’ll feel relieved, like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. You’ll be confident knowing you’re ready for any curveball that the building process throws at you (which it will, by the way, we cover those in Module 9). And most important, you’ll eliminate anyTHING and anyONE who wants to get in the way of building your dream life for your family.
It’s a crazy world out there. You don’t need me to tell you that. But now that I’ve built my barndominium, my family feels so much safer and happier knowing that nothing can really get to us. We’re in the country. In a barndominium on our own land. We have everything we need to ride out any kind of storm. It’s…..amazing.
But it wasn’t easy. You’ll need help.
That’s why I URGE you to check out the rest of the details on this page. When you’re ready, click the “Buy Now” button and join us at Barndominium Life University and we’ll get started on YOUR dream home. I’ll see you on the inside.Buy Now
A comprehensive, turn key, proven system that slowly but surely turns your build ideas, skills, and lifestyle requirements into the necessary components to build your dream barndominium for your family, whether you hire a General Contractor or not.
Barndominium Life University will empower you to live a life that includes:
TRUE Country Living
Say goodbye to urban or suburban living. No more smog, crime, and nosy neighbors.
More Space for Passions
Build a badass shop attached to your barndominium to store work equipment, RV's, or a boat.
Protect Your Family
Get off the grid and become a true "homestead" that's ready for ANYTHING and ANYONE.
Wow and Impress Guests
The classic barndo look includes a huge open floor plan that's great for entertaining dear friends and family.
Barndominium Life University is an online course that gives you the tools and proven system you need to build a lasting and durable barndominium for your family.
Over the course of 14 action-packed and easy to follow modules I'll lay out for you my exact plan of attack if I were starting my barndominium build all over again so you can avoid my mistakes.Buy Now
This program is focused on 4 core areas:
Preparing for your barndominium build
Turning your design into reality
Working with vendors, getting your budget in order and finalized
Executing on your plan
With those 4 components in place and optimized, all you have to do is focus on showing up day after day and your build process will be greatly simplified.
It literally becomes plug and play after that - even if you've never built a home or even a shed before!
If you put in the work - you'll get the results!
Here's a sneak peek of what you'll learn inside the 14 core modules of Barndominium Life University:
Module 1 - Introduction to the Course
- Course objectives, what I will cover and what benefits you will receive
- I'll share more about me and my family's barndominium build. I am not special, I don't have a background in construction, and I'll explain why you don't need to either!
- Digital/printable notebook to make following along with the course easy and pain free
Module 2 - Barndominium Basics
- Define "What is a Barndominium" - this section came as a result of getting in touch with at least 100 people to ask this question. This is something you won't want to miss
- History of Barndominiums - While Chip and Joanna Gaines definitely popularized barndominiums, they did NOT invent them! We spill the details on the little-known history of barndominiums
- There's some benefits of building a barndominium that you probably didn't know about - I discuss all of them in this module!
- Barndominiums hold their resale value better than MOST home options out there assuming you do a few things - we'll explain what you need to do
Module 3 - Types of Barndominiums
- There are more types of barndominiums than you might expect (steel framed, kits, wood frame, post frame, hybrid, barn conversions). I'll walk you through each type to help you get clarity on what type of build is best for your goals!
- There are about a million different mistakes you can make while erecting the shell of the barndominium itself. I'll highlight the mistakes we made so you can avoid them!
- There's a huge lack of knowledge about the difference between a builder and a kit provider. I'll clear up the confusion and provide a list of the top recommendations in your area
Module 4 - Design
- You probably have a ton of ideas and features you want your dream home to have (bedrooms here, powder room there, kitchen facing a certain direction) - I'll help you take all those ideas and get them onto paper!
- Even if you've never picked up graph paper or used design software in your life, by the end of this module you'll feel confident to turn your idea into something that's usable!
- There's a surprising number of exterior styles that you can choose from (monitor, gable, gambrel, combinations) - I'll help explain the major differences and guide you toward a decision that will fit with your ideal floor plan
- If you're confused about whether you need an architect, a drafter, or just a builder - I'll clear up the confusion and give you confidence moving forward with your build
Module 5 - Self-Contracting vs Hiring a General Contractor
- There's a difference between a general contractor, self-contracting, and doing every single thing yourself. I'll explain these differences and allow you to choose the best path for you and your family
- I personally went the self-contracting route, which meant I handled a LOT of the responsibilities during the build process. Even if you've never laid plumbing lines or wired a home, self-contracting can still be a good route for you.
- Self-contracting can potentially save you between 10%-20% on your overall build cost, which makes it an excellent option if you're on a budget like we were. This module alone could save you $50,000 or more!
Module 6 - How to Hire a General Contractor and/or Barndominium Builder
- There are entire Facebook groups dedicated to "Bad Barndominium Builders" - unfortunately finding the right builder is extremely hard and if you're not careful you can get cheated out of your money. We explain everything you need to watch out for.
- Once you weed out the scammers, you still need to figure out which builders are good and which builders are GREAT. In this module, I provide tons of questions you need to use to properly vet potential builders.
- In this crazy market, builders and kit providers think that they have the upper hand over consumers. I'll teach you how to build rapport, get reference checks, and negotiate contracts so that builders are competing against each other for YOUR business - the way it should be.
Module 7 - Budgeting without Busting
- The absolute number one fear I hear from people who want to build a barndo is "What if I get started and then go over my budget?" - That was my biggest fear too. In this module I'll provide everything you need to know in order to put your mind at ease and feel confident.
- I'll help you set up a working budget using Barndominium Life's Bid and Budget Tracker spreadsheet (included for FREE as part of enrolling)
- As you get started on your build, you'll feel confident and capable of making decisions that you know won't put you over your budget for your build. Yes, that means you might be able to splurge on the extra-fancy countertops :)
Module 8 - Securing Financing
- There's a wide variety of loan products that can help with your barndominium build. We'll review the biggest types and give advice based on your specific situation.
- In some parts of the country, loan officers haven't even heard of a barndominium. Don't miss our great tip on what to call your barndominium so you can make sure you close on your loan
- Different lenders have different requirements about what you need in order to quality and how much money to have on hand. I'll break down what's typical and what's not typical. If you see a requirement for *this* thing - RUN.
Module 9 - How to Self-Contract Like a Boss
- If you decide to go the self-contracting route you'll need to know what you're getting yourself into. We've compiled a list of just about everything you'll be responsible for as a self-contracting homeowner. Don't start without it!
- So we previously covered how to vet and hire a builder and a GC. That said, if you're self-contracting hiring the subcontractors is a whole different ball game. You need to evaluate trustworthy, competent, and whether they can deliver the services they offer. I'll give you everything you need to make working with subs run smoothly.
- One of the hardest things about self-contracting is convincing your lender to fund your loan. I went through HELL during this phase. With my advice, it'll be smooth sailing as you prove yourself to your lender with ease.
- As a self-contractor, protecting yourself with insurance, contracts, lien waivers, and title is of the upmost importance. Don't start without these tips or things could go south - quickly.
Module 10 - Breaking Ground
- We had an absolutely crazy zoning issue come up right as we were breaking ground. It was completely avoidable, so I'll make sure you avoid it with this tip.
- Something that delays tons of barndo builds are the permitting challenges related to minimum square feet and shop/accessory buildings can have different sets of rules. While I'm not an expert in every country in the US, there are some guidelines that apply across MOST places.
- A difficult part of the build process is that many vendors you'll work with has to complete their work before the *next* vendor can get started. I'll provide useful tips for managing vendors like this and making sure your build doesn't get delayed.
Module 11 - Managing Construction
- If you're new to construction management (I was!) then you need this module. Everything related to keeping things on time and under budget is contained in this section.
- As a self-contractor, you're going to need to fire a subcontractor at some point. Unfortunately, that's the easy part. The hard part is figuring out if they're truly doing a bad job or if something out of their control is impacting their work. I'll help you make that call.
- Supply chain issues are still happening EVERYWHERE. After this module, you'll be a supply chain pro and won't be heartbroken when you don't have a garage door or HVAC component that delays your move-in.
Module 12 - Stage 1 of Construction
- You'll need to make big decisions about the foundation of your home. With these tips you'll know exactly what to do when foundation day arrives.
- One of the hardest parts of the construction journey can be getting utilities hooked up. Don't make the mistake I did and fall behind on your build schedule!
- Framing can be one of the easiest parts of your build or one of the hardest. It all depends on the choices you make that we deep-dive on.
Module 13 - Stage 2 of Construction
- The great rough-in debate: Which comes first?!
- Plumbing into the slab - get expert advice on tips, figure out what to do if the plumbing is off (even by inches), and how to save money when designing for plumbing
- I'll help you create a holistic plan for energy efficiency - HVAC, windows, spray foam, solar power, and more!)
- We'll get up close and personal with my family's barndominium build and talk about basic electrical tips and optional electrical upgrades
Module 14 - Stage 3 of Construction
- Drywall hanging and finishing - what to consider when doing it DIY, what types of textures and how to save serious $$$
- I'll walk through finishing materials and interior design tips
- OK, maybe most important (not really, but maybe!) - I'll talk about the keys to designing an Instagram-worthy house. I've amassed a bit of a following on IG, and if you want to do the same you won't want to miss these tips.
All together, these video modules are worth over $2500 in consulting...
Don't Forget: it's completely risk free
I've packed a ton into Barndominium Life University because not only do I want you to build the barndominium of your dreams but I want to guarantee that you don't make the mistakes I made.
And to make it even more convincing for you I'm giving you a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase of Barndominium Life University today.
You heard me right: Go through the course, check out the bonuses, follow the steps, put in the work, and if you don't love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, shoot me an email and I'll refund you ASAP. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If Barndominium Life University doesn't work for you, I'd much prefer for you to take your money and invest it where you will be happier and get results. I just want you to unlock your dream-home potential!
As you can see - the Barndominium Life University contains everything you need to break ground on your build and give your family a better life.
And as part of this special offer, if you join Barndominium Life University today you'll get three amazing bonuses worth over $1,100.
Bonus #1: Live Sessions with Morgan Roepke
Join me during live sessions that are ONLY open to Barndominium Life University members. On these sessions you can ask burning questions, get design feedback, and get help with nearly any aspect of your build!
Bonus #2: Barndominium Life University Community
Tired of the Facebook groups that are filled with spammers, vendors trying to sell you stuff, and angry people shouting about politics and other crap? We are too. That's why we created the first private barndominium community. You can get your burning questions answered by Morgan directly. Plus the group is vetted for admission, so only people who are ACTUALLY building a barndo are allowed in.
Bonus #3: Barndominium Bid and Budget Tracker Fillable PDF and Spreadsheet
In order to help you keep track of spending during your build, we are also including the Barndominium Bid and Budget Tracker Fillable PDF and Spreadsheet at NO additional cost!
So here's what you're getting when you enroll in Barndominium Life University:
- All 14 modules of Barndominium Life University videos with a ton of in-depth step-by-step training ($7500 value)
- Accompanying video interviews that are part of Barndominium Life University - trusted barndominium service providers, lenders, insurers, and more ($2,000 value)
- BONUS: Live sessions with Morgan Roepke to ask ANY of your burning questions about your build, barndo design feedback, working with service providers, and much more ($500 value)
- BONUS: Free access to the exclusive Barndominium Life University community. Get away from Facebook (eww!) groups and get access to our exclusive community free of spammers and salespeople. Just vetted folks who are in the same shoes you are, and the barndo expert Morgan Roepke ($600 value)
- BONUS: Barndominium Bid and Budget Tracker - the #1 tool you'll use to plan and manage all of the budgetary aspects of your build. This will save you stress and heartache, and you'll avoid that dreaded call: "We've gone over on our budget, we have to pause construction" ($28 value)
Total value for this incredible course = $10,628
If the only thing this did was...
If the only thing this course did was allow you to build your barndominium without delays would it be worth it?
If the only thing this course did was allow you to self-contract your build, wouldn't it be worth it?
But today you get access to everything for only one payment of $775
Click the button below to buy now! Whether it's 2 AM or 2 PM, you'll get immediate access.Enroll Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I receive this program and what format will it be in?
Is this program worth the cost?
Can’t I just find all of this information on barndominiums online?
What if I buy it and don’t like it?
Will you sell my contact information?
I Still Need Help!
Barndominium Life Address: 1401 Lavaca St PMB 40627
Austin, TX 78701
Email: [email protected]
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Company Name: Barndominium Life
Barndominium Life Terms and Conditions
All items are delivered as a digital video course and accompanying PDF's, files, and spreadsheets
All returns accepted within 60 days of your order after completing the course.